Tips for the left hand:
- Use the tips of the fingers. It will take a little getting-used-to, but once you get comfortable with it, you will have a great tone on the instrument.
- Push down just hard enough that the string isn’t muted and doesn’t buzz.
- Push right behind the fret. Experiment with this location. …Too far onto the fret and the note will be muted, too far behind the fret and the string will buzz. (Try it out!) Try to feel the fret under the string with your finger. This feeling will quickly become habit and then you will have a consistently good/strong tone.
- Memorize your shapes:
- 0003: C Major Chord (A-string Ring (finger).)
- 2010: F Major Chord (G-string Middle, E-string Index.)
- 0232: G Major Chord (C-string Middle, E-string Ring, A-string Index.)
Here is the link to the video.